Journal First Track - Call for Papers
Following the success of the Journal First / Conference Second (J1C2) track at SANER 2018,
this year's SANER will also select presentations of journal papers based on submissions from authors.
Through this initiative, authors of journal-first papers accepted in the participating journals will be
invited to present their work at SANER, allowing the authors to interact directly with the community and
offering the SANER attendees a richer set of presentations.
The participating journals that partner with SANER are:
- Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE)
- IEEE Software
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS)
- Information and Software Technology (IST)
- Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (JSEP)
- Software Quality Journal (SQJ)
- Science China Information Sciences
To be eligible to participate in the J1C2 program, a paper
- Be accepted in one of the participating journals after June 1, 2017 and before the J1C2 submission
- Be in scope of the conference, i.e., focus on work related to software analysis, evolution, and
- Report on new research results that are not an extension of a previous conference publication. That is,
journal versions extending prior conference publications with additional empirical results, proofs,
algorithms, minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work or other such
details are out of scope for the J1C2 track. The authors will be required to state the originality of
their journal article or to clarify its relation with any kind of previous papers, e.g., workshop papers
or short papers.
- Not been presented at or under consideration for any journal-first program of another conference.
The J1C2 committee will check whether the submission is in scope for the J1C2 track.
As the manuscripts have been already reviewed and accepted by the journals,
they will not be reviewed again for technical correctness but rather be checked for the J1C2 criteria.
Authors will not receive any reviews with the notification.
Authors of manuscripts that fulfill the above criteria are invited to submit a presentation
proposal via EasyChair.
The proposal should consist of:
- the paper title;
- names of all authors;
- a short statement on how the work satisfies the J1C2 criteria;
- a pointer to the original journal paper.
Please list all authors of the original journal paper as authors of your submission in EasyChair.
At least one author of each accepted J1C2 contribution must register and attend the conference to present
Failure to present the paper might result in exclusion from future J1C2 programs. The J1C2 papers will not
of the SANER proceedings.
Instead they will be published through the journals.
- Gerardo Canfora, University of Sannio, Italy
- Darren Dalcher, University of Hertfordshire, UK
- Robert Feldt, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Xavier Franch, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Rachel Harrison, Oxford Brookes University
- Nicholas Kraft, ABB Corporate Research, USA
- David Lo, Singapore Management University, Singapore (PC co-chair)
- Guenther Ruhe, University of Calgary, Canada
- David C. Shepherd, ABB, United States
- Emad Shihab, Concordia University, Canada (PC co-chair)
- Alexander Serebrenik, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
- Xin Xia, Monash University, Australia
- Thomas Zimmermann, Microsoft Research, USA